- I began exercising on 1/1/12.
- I began training for a 5K on 1/3/12 using an C25K app on my phone.
- I am in week 5 of the 8 week long C25K training and going strong. I haven’t punk’d out on ANY of the runs! The 5K is on March 10th, so I’m on track to be able to run THE WHOLE THING!
- Hubby is planning to run the 5K with me and my brother and his girlfriend, both avid runners who are supremely fit, are coming down from NC to run with me as an encouragement!
- I’ve lost 9 pounds and 5.75″ since I began tracking on 1/12/12.
- I have given up sugar and grains for the most part. Sugar is HORRIBLE and ADDICTIVE! I never want to go back to consuming it in any quantity!
- I feel clear-headed, focused, energized and even-tempered. I’m nicer, too.
- I’m learning to bake with alternative ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour and flax. I’ve learned fat is good, the right fat, that is. GHEE, COCONUT OIL, OLIVE OIL, PASTURED BUTTER – yum! My friend Lindsey who blogs at Today in Dietzville is my mentor through this process. Thanks, Lindsey!
- I can’t say that I love running just yet, but I do love how I feel afterwards!
That’s all for this brief post. I’m using this blog as a method for holding myself accountable. More on progress in other areas soon.